Friday 3 May 2013

Yank's House - Holiday Time


Here at Yanks’s house we are celebrating this weekend. Pat and I are married 30 years. We are having a party for family and close friends on Sunday afternoon and then heading to beautiful Rome Monday morning for 5 nights. I cannot wait!

Originally we had planned to have our party bash at the Yank’s house but it just isn’t ready so we moved the venue to a local hotel and I am glad now as I have nothing to do – no cooking or cleaning. I can just relax and enjoy the day.

My dad of 86 years asked me why I was having a party – I told him and he said ‘Well that isn’t very long, your mother and I were 62 year married this year’. Very true – they are amazing! On their anniversary he asked her would she last another 8 years because 70 years would be some record. Unlike me he hasn’t learned to live one day at a time.

Last summer we got shocking news when Pat was diagnosed with cancer. Thanks God his treatment has been successful and he is doing fine now again but on the day he was diagnosed he asked me what we were going to do. My answer was ‘We are going to fight this and start living every day to the full’. Lately I heard him tell this story but he claims my answer was – ‘we are going to throw a party’ ha!

So this year I have tried to keep my word, not to worry about silly things and to appreciate every day and just to be happy. And you know what – it is working. Pat and I are so excited about this weekend about our party and our holiday next week. We are looking forward to being surrounded by family and friends as we celebrate the past and look forward to a bright happy future.

No comments:

Post a Comment